This course combines Levels 1 and 2 of the Ride Leadership Awards, and is run over consecutive days to allow experienced road riders the chance to qualify in a single weekend.
This two day course is aimed at experienced road cyclists who would like to start leading or might already be performing the role of ride leader with a club, group or with friends.
- Access to online modules via British Cycling Learning throughout the course and available post-course as CPD
- 16 hours of face-to-face contact with a British Cycling tutor, including theoretical and practical elements as well as assessment
- British Cycling Ride Membership which includes insurance for coaches, leaders and instructors (subject to obtaining the qualification and a valid first aid certificate)
- British Cycling branded resources
- Accredited British Cycling qualification
To attend the training you will need to:
- be 18 years old or over
- be competent in the techniques required to safely ride on roads and traffic free paths and negotiate features within these environments, such as traffic, hills and road furniture
- be a regular group cyclist or high in confidence cycling in close proximity to other cyclists
- have appropriate fitness levels to cycle 30+ miles with enough in reserve to safely lead and manage a group.
- Have a working and appropriate bike for the distances required.
If you are a business, club, education institution or an individual and wish to host a course yourself, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an information pack.
If you feel you might need extra support to undertake a training course or assessment because of a physical or learning disability, please contact the Education Team ahead of booking. We can then discuss any reasonable adjustments that would support you to become a Ride Leader.