Welsh Cycling seeks applications for the post of director
Welsh Cycling seeks applications for the post of director from
persons with the drive and capacity to lead the organisation during this period of unprecedented growth in the sport. This is a great opportunity to contribute to shaping the development of the sport
and to ‘give something back'.
Applicants will need:
- commitment to Welsh Cycling's vision of developing participation in cycling with the focus at youth level, feeding through to success on the international stage
- the ability to work as a team with other directors and staff to guide and monitor the long-term direction of Welsh Cycling
- the capacity to make objective and impartial decisions
- drive to contribute proactively to the work of one or more of Welsh Cycling's commissions (Performance, Competition, Event Safety, North Wales, Finance & Governance)
- ideally applicants will have business experience in one or more of the following areas:
- human resources
- strategic planning and monitoring
Applicants are particularly welcomed from those in North Wales.
The post is voluntary and would usually require attendance at, and preparation for, around eight board meetings per year plus commission duties as appropriate. Meetings are currently held on weekday evenings in Cardiff with a video link to North Wales.
Application form here>>>
If you would be interested in applying, please complete the application form and send it by Monday 19th September 2011 to firstname.lastname@example.org