Inter Regional Track Championships 2012
13th - 16th September 2012
Rider Selection Criteria
This year the Inter Regional Track Championships, backed by the School Games, will take place from the 13th to the 16th September 2012 at the Newport Velodrome, Wales.
This is a very exciting opportunity; to not only represent Scotland but to compete against 13 different regional and national teams and some of the nation’s talented young athletes.
Riders wishing to be part of the IRTC team should contact Laura Irwin on firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
Riders must have their applications completed and returned to Laura by 12 noon on Tuesday 18th June 2012. After this date, an initial long list of athletes will be identified to participate in targeted training events designed to prepare riders for the IRTC event and provide further evidence to inform final selection decisions.
Track training date has been confirmed as the 21st and 22nd July in Manchester. Should you be selected in the long list please make yourself available on this weekend as this is COMPULOSORY. Details will be available after the selection date.
Details of riders selection criteria:
Performance at the following identified events will form the basis of selection along with the additional criteria listed below:
* Results at Northern National Youth Omnium Series
- 12 May – Meadowbank (re-scheduled Dundee event)
- 13 May – Meadowbank
- 19 May – Scunthorpe
- 20 May – Newcastle
- 16th June – Manchester
* Results at 2012 National Track Championships – 27th August – 1st September (Manchester)
* Results at 2012 Scottish Track Championships – 23rd & 24th June 2012 (Meadowbank)
* Experience in coaching sessions at club and RSR level.
* Performance at track training camps
- Training date: 21st & 22nd July - Manchester
* Team work ethic and attitude based on coaches' feedback from above events.
Eligibility: Team of four Youth A and B boys, Team of three Youth A and B girls.
Selections will be made week commencing Monday 27th August 2012 by a panel chaired by Team Manager Laura Irwin.
The selectors will consider performances in each individual event and training camps within its own right, taking into account the above key selection criteria. An accumulative or average scoring / points system from all events will NOT be used as a basis for selection.