We are delighted to announce that Scottish Cycling are again supporting a team of youth A & B boys and girls to travel to compete in the exciting Prudential RideLondon Grand Prix that takes place as part of the Ride London weekend of cycling.
The Prudential RideLondon Grand Prix Youth circuit races are part of the festival of cycling, and take place on Friday 29th July on the closed road circuit at the Lee Valley Velo Park in the Olympic Park in London.
There are races for A & B category girls and boys and we are seeking riders interested to be considered to register their interest with Lynsey Hamilton by email: email@example.com
The team will be a maximum of 8 riders – 2 YA boys / 2 YA Girls plus 2 YB boys / 2 YB girls
The closing date for registration of interest is 7pm on Monday 18th July.
More information about the event can be found by following the link below:
Eligibility & Selection criteria
- Riders must be Youth A or B category
- Riders must be a member of British Cycling and hold a valid BC racing licence.
- Riders must have Scotland or one of the Scottish regions listed on their racing licence as their Region or meet the criteria to compete at the Scottish National Championships..
The team will be selected from the applicants received, using the key circuit /road events that have taken place throughout 2016 including the Youth Tour of Scotland, Scottish & British Championships, and British Series.
Selections will be made by a panel chaired by the Head of Performance and selected riders will be notified no later than Wednesday 20th July. Selections will be made based on the following criteria that shall constitute the ‘performance’ for the purpose of selection:
- Attacking riding – ability to make repeated efforts.
- Bike handling ability – ability to maintain position and ride in close contact
- Finish position
- Tactical awareness
The selection panel will also consider attitude, commitment, behaviour and discipline as well as the ability to work as part of a team when making final selections.