Scottish Cycling will be offering R.A.C.E Coach Development Programmes for Track Endurance, Track Sprint and MTB XC coaches.
Find out more below, and make sure to get your application in before the deadlines stated.
To provide a programme that will support the development of existing coaches to progress to the next level in the coaching pathway.
The R.A.C.E Coach Development Programme will support some key aims of the Scottish Cycling Coaching strategy. One of these key aims is to train and develop senior coaches* that are capable of developing talent in Scotland. The program will adopt a holistic approach of coach development by identifying and developing each area of performance that is required to be an effective senior coach. We will achieve this by providing coaches with the knowledge and experience to develop and build on their existing skill set.
*Senior coach is a descriptor for the level of coach and not the coached population. Senior coaches have more experience, knowledge and operate at a higher level than standard coaches.
Key Outcomes of the program
- Coaches will be able to plan, lead and develop club programs that will support the development of talent – specifically youth A and Junior riders
- To be able to plan, lead and review R.A.C.E days
- To fully understand the demands of performance youth and Junior cycling
- To create next generation of performance coaches
- Assistant coach opportunities at
- Scottish Performance Sessions
- The Track Revolution Series
- MTB Youth Performance Sessions
- Performance planning
- Bespoke training and development package
- Access to sportscotland Talent programme
- Workshops by The Scottish Institute of Sport
- Coach and/or manage the Inter-Regional Scottish Team in Road, Track and MTB
- R.A.C.E clothing
- Contribution to some costs
- Aspiration to become a senior coach
- commit to an agreed program of development
- Take ownership of their own learning
- Display a growth mind-set
- minimum of Level 2 qualified
- The programme will be open to Track Endurance, Track Sprint and MTB XC coaches
- There are limited places on each programme
- The programme will be 5 months duration
- Start date - November 2015 – Finish March 2016
- Deadline for applications 23rd October 2015
- Applicants will be notified by 28th of October 2015
- Application form
Track Sprint & Endurance Induction - 1st November
MTB XC Induction – 28th or 29th November