Posted on: 23 January 2014
Glasgow 2014 announced today (23rd) that they are looking for a cast of up to 3,000 people to be part of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games. This is an opportunity to showcase Scottish culture, creativity and character on a global stage. Glasgow 2014 are planning an unforgettable party – an ambitious celebration to welcome the world to Scotland’s liveliest city
There are some basic eligibility requirements applicants will need to meet in order to apply for a chance to be a Ceremonies Volunteer Cast Performer.
All applicants must:
• be over 18 years old by 1 March 2014;
• be able to communicate in and understand English;
• have the right to work in the UK;
• agree to a background security check;
• be available to attend auditions in March 2014 if you are invited;
• be available to attend rehearsals from June and up to the 3 August 2014 in order to be considered to perform in the Opening and Closing Ceremonies;
• be available to attend rehearsals during May/June 2014 in order to be considered to perform in any pre-record sequences (if you select this option);
• be available to perform on 23 July (Opening Ceremony) and/or 3 August 2014 (Closing Ceremony);
• be able to meet the cost of travelling to an audition, rehearsals and performances within Glasgow; and
• be able to provide us with a telephone number and email address.
The Ceremonies Volunteer Cast Performer applications are for individuals only. All members of your group or networks may apply as long as they meeting the minimum criteria and all applications will be treated on an individual basis.
Completing the Application
• The application form between 15-30 minutes to complete and could take applicants who require assistance longer.
Application closing date is 14 February 2014 at 17:00. Unfortunately any applications after this time and date cannot be considered so we advise submitting applications in advance of the deadline.