VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES – Training Available
Timekeeping for Time Trials and Track Racing
Sunday, 9th February – Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome, Glasgow.
10:30 to 4:30
Tutors : Audrey Walker/John Macmillan
We are delighted to announce a Timekeepers training course in 2014. Timekeepers are a key official at both Time Trials and Track Racing in Scotland and with around 160 time trials planned and numerous Track meets it is essential that we recruit more conscientious, experienced and dedicated individuals to help us make this happen.
Timekeepers are required to start and finish each rider off in a time trial with a watches that is syncronised with each other before the beginning. The finish timekeeper will record the finish time and calculate the riders overall time with the assistance of the race recorder.
Timekeepers are required to time every event and in particular the time trials and pursuits. See the guide to timekeeping at track events here.
Existing experienced timekeepers are also more than welcome to come along for a ‘refresher’ at any of our courses.
Why become an Timekeeper ?
- You want to put something back into the sport you love
- A rewarding job to see the best rider win
- Social side of meeting people with the same passion
- An enjoyment of being outdoors
- To be in the company of people who all want to enjoy themselves and a good atmosphere
- Your club needs more people to timekeep for open and confined events.