Sainsbury's School Games 2013
Dates: 13th - 15th September 2013
Team Manager and Team Coach Recruitment
Job Description and Person Specification
The Team Manager will be responsible for:
- Selecting a team of riders to compete in the specific event they have been appointed for.
- Appointing a Team Coach from the shortlist of applications received
- Event specific preparation in conjunction with riders' club coaches
- Logistics, travel and accommodation arrangements
- Team entry and administration
- The effective management of the team during the event
- The preceding coaching programmes, supported by the Team Coach and in collaboration with the riders’ club coaches
- Notifying the parents and club coaches of the team’s riders of their selection and maintaining good on-going communication in the lead up to the event
- Upholding a duty of care and adhering to the team manger code of conduct as published by British Cycling head office ahead of the event
- Providing all financial costs and receipts for the eventReporting back on the performance of the team at the event.
The Team Coach will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Team Manager in selecting a team of riders, and developing an effective coaching programme prior to the specific event
- Providing coaching advice to the riders in the team whilst at the event and helping riders to perform to the best of their ability
- Upholding a duty of care and adhering to the team coach code of conduct as published by British Cycling head office ahead of the event.
All Team Manager and Team Coach Candidates must:
- Be current British Cycling members
- Have a validated and up to date PVG Check
- Have proven previous experience of working with young people, preferably (although not essential) as this will ensure they are knowledgeable of the best practices when working with young peopleHave in depth knowledge and experience of the discipline of the event
- Be clear about what the “Loco Parentis” role entails and when appropriate share this with the young people selected whilst at events
- Have knowledge of the Anti-Doping procedures
- Respect the Rider code of conduct, and set good examples
- Have a valid Level 2 British Cycling coaching qualification (Team Coach role only)Hold a current valid BC verified first aid certificate (Team Coach role only)
Applications are now being welcomed, in which candidates should clearly state:
- Which position the application is for: Team Manager or Team Coach
- Alignment to the person specification
To apply, please download an application form below and return to Laura Irwin via email (email@example.com) or post before the closing date.
Closing date for applications: Monday 27th May 2013