Published: 24th April 2013
Article: Scottish Women's National Road Race Championship 2013
The Women’s National Road Race Championship on 19th May 2013 will be an open event, and not restricted to those eligible for a Scottish Championship.
Entries can be made via the British Cycling online entry system. Entries will remain open until Sunday 5th May 2013.
Entrants will be:
- Women who are members of any UCI affiliated governing body with a full racing licence at any category (Elite, 1,2,3, and 4 category riders)
- Women who purchase a day race.
The Scottish Women’s Championships will be ‘incorporated’ in the race but the winner of the Championship title can only be somebody who holds a SC/BC membership and full racing licence and who meets the criteria for a Scottish national as detailed in the SC Technical Regulations;
Scottish Championships are open to persons who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Members of clubs affiliated to Scottish Cycling
- Persons born in Scotland
- Persons who have been resident in Scotland for three of the last five years
- Persons who have at least one parent who was born in Scotland.
All competitors entering Scottish Championships must have a full annual racing licence issued by BC or another UCI recognised cycling federation.
This initiative will be on a reviewed on a yearly basis. By opening the entries up and incorporating the championship into an open race instead of restricting the field to membership and licence holders only it is hoped that the numbers entering the event and racing, will increase, and more women will be encouraged into the sport of cycle racing.