Published: 11 October 2012
We are now no longer recuiting for volunteers.
Thanks for all the interest, we have had lots of people complete the volunteer form.
Published: 02 October 2012
Event Dates: Friday, 26th October, Saturday, 27th October and Sunday, 28th October.
Event Venue: The Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome, Glasgow Sponsored by
Scottish Cycling Seeks Volunteers for Scottish National Track Championships and Braveheart Thunder Drome event taking place on 26th - 28th October.
Ever wanted to be part of a national sporting event? Want to be closer to the action than those in the stands? Well now is your chance!
Scottish Cycling is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to become part of the team at the forthcoming Scottish Track Championships which will incorporate the Braveheart “ThunderDrome” fundraising event, which is taking place over three days. (Friday, 26th October, Saturday, 27th and Sunday 28th October.)
The event, sponsored by ScottishPower, will take place over three days and is the first competitive event being held at the new Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome in Glasgow.
Volunteers will have a great opportunity to see the world's best track cyclists up close and personal. And there will be a special appearance from Sir Chris Hoy and other Scottish, English and European track cycling stars!
A number of roles are now available ranging from Podium Presenters, Anti Doping chaperones, Event Management support to hospitality hosts. Every volunteer will receive exclusive Event Crew clothing, free meals and other various benefits.
To make sure you don't miss out on this great opportunity, register your interest by completing this form
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further please do not hesitate to contact our National Events Officer, Janette Hazlett or our Communications Officer, Jennifer Pearson who will be happy to help.
Volunteering Terms and Conditions
- By volunteering at the Scottish Track Championships/Thunderdrome event you are giving permission for your data to be shared with Scottish Cycling Events, who will use this data to allocate you a suitable role and enable them to inform you of this by email.
- Each volunteer must register in advance.
- All volunteers will be the public face of the Scottish Track Championships/Thunder Drome event. As a condition of volunteering you will be provided with an event uniform which must be worn whenever on duty. Volunteers who are not dressed in appropriate attire will not be allowed to work
- Volunteers are expected to act responsibly at all times and not compromise their own or other people's safety.
- No payment will be made to volunteers although you will receive a meal allowance and a contribution towards travel expenses.
- All volunteers working in anti-doping chaperone roles must be aged 18 or over. There are a limited number of roles suitable for people under 16 and should you apply for these further paperwork will be sent out to obtain parental consent.
- All volunteers will be issued with a briefing document, this information must be read and understood and any queries must be raised with their Supervisor/Team Leader or the staffing team.
- All volunteers working on site will be covered by British Cycling Events Public Liability Insurance.
It is British & Scottish Cycling Events policy to ensure that no volunteer receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, sex (gender) and age, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which have a disproportionately adverse effect due to any of the above grounds, which cannot be shown to be justified. Selection criteria and procedures are intended to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities. All information provided by applicants will be treated as confidential.
The information provided will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. British Cycling/Scottish Cycling Events may need to keep information about those selected for purposes connected with volunteering. The sort of information held may include information for payment of expenses, references, contact names and addresses, health and safety records, disciplinary records, etc. The information held will be for management and administrative use and will only be disclosed to relevant third parties where there is a legal requirement to do so. Data will be retained for the purpose of contacting you regarding other volunteering opportunities. Should you not respond to any opportunities within 2 years or you 'opt out' your data will be deleted.
For further information contact: email@example.com