Posted on: 22nd March 2012
SXC (Scottish Cross Country Mountain Bike Association) run the National Mountain Bike Series and Championships which take place from April to September in locations throughout Scotland.
FULL RESULTS FROM SXC ROUND 3 (which incorporated the SC National XC MTB Championship) SXC_3_-_Aberfoyle_Results.pdf
Medal winners from Scottish XC Mountain Bike Championships
Firstly Scottish Cycling would like to thank both SXC and Squadra Porcini who have again delivered a fantastic championship event. Great day out for everybody - lots of exciting racing - and midges !!
- 1. Grant Ferguson, Boardman Bikes
- 2. Dave Henderson, GT Racing
- 3. Rab Wardell, Alpine Bikes Racing Team
- 1. Tom Evans, Ben Wyvis Bike Club
- 2. Iain Paton, CNP Orbea
- 3. Finn Munro-Gear, Ben Wyvis Bike Club
- 1. Johnathan Buckley, Squarda Procini
- 2. Martin Graham, Ronde/Scott UK
- 3. Paul Carmichael, Squadra Porcini
- 1. Iain Nimmo, Squadra Porcini
- 2. Gary McCrae, Leslie Bike Shop, Right Moves Windows
- 3. John McCaffrey, Leslie Bike Shop, Right Moves Windows
- 1, Calum Macgowan, Peebles Cycling Club
- 2, Mark McGuire, Perth United
- 3, Liam McLaughlin, Ben Wyvis Cycling Club/Dryburgh Cycles
- 1. Calum Grant, Peebles Cycling Club
- 2. Stephen Dent, Nevis Cycles Racing Tem
- 3. Finn Crocket, Ben Wyvis Bike Club
- 1. Lee Craigie, Lapierre, UK
- 2. Elke Prasad, Squadra Procini
- 3. Katy Winton, The Kinesis Morvelo Project
- 1. Yuke Gallagher
- 2. Hannah Ferguson
- 1. Gillian Pratt, Leslie Bike Shop, Right Moves Windows
- 2. Kate Carmichael, Hervelo Cycling
- 1. Anne Murray, Moray Firth Cycling Club
- 2. Brenda Callander, Stirling Bike Club
- 3. Miranda Balfour, Peebles Cycling Club
1. Lucy Grant
2. Isla Short, Innerleithen MTB/i.cycles
3. Elena Melton
1. Rhona Callander, Stirling Bike Club
2. Emma Borthwick, Edinburgh Road Club
3. Katie Allen, Stirling Bike Club
Results from the Schools races, Open, Sport, Grand Vets and Super Vets to follow.
You may think this is only for the advanced riders only but there are categories available to suit all riders from children to elite and beginner to expert.
The event will again be at Doonans where there is ample opportunity for parking and overnight camping where the usual charges will apply.
Scottish Cycling would like to thank the SXC committee for incorporating our National Championship into their event. There will be a total of 36 Scottish Cycling National Championship medals up for grabs to members who are eligible to qualify for a Scottish title. The breakdown and criteria for qualification for a medal is listed below.
Medals will be awarded to:
Youth B – 1st, 2nd and 3rd Boys
Youth B – 1st , 2nd and 3rd Girls
Youth A – 1st, 2nd and 3rd Boys
Youth A - 1st , 2nd and 3rd Girls
Junior – 1st, 2nd and 3rd male
Junior – 1st, 2nd and 3rd female
Senior – 1st, 2nd and 3rd male
Senior – 1st, 2nd and 3rd female
Master – 1st, 2nd and 3rd male
Master – 1st, 2nd and 3rd female
Veteran – 1st, 2nd and 3rd male
Vetaran – 1st, 2nd and 3rd female
The criteria is:
18.1.2 All SCU Championships shall be open to: -
(a) SCU/BCF members (members of clubs affiliated to the SCU)
(b) Scottish Nationals (persons born in Scotland)
(c) Scottish Residents (persons who have lived in Scotland for three of the last five years)
(d) Persons who have at least one parent who was born in Scotland.
Persons in sections (b), (c) and (d) must be members of the UCI recognised Cycling
Federation of their country of residence.
Remember to bring your licenses along with you on the day. Best of luck to everybody who is riding!!
Online entry is now closed however please note entries are available on the day.
Timings on the day:
Registration from 9am
Practice 9am - 10.30am
Race 1 - 11am - Juvenile, Youth, Grand Vet, Super Vet, All Women, Beginner & Open
Race 2 - 1pm - Primary Schools
Practice 1pm - 1.30pm
Race 3 - 2pm - Elite/Expert, Veteran, Master, Sport, Junior
Schedule SXC 2012
All events can be entered simply by using the BC online event entry system - use the ENTER NOW button on the race details of the attached links – it’s very easy !
British Cycling – National Cross Country MTB Series 16th and 17th June 2012
More info on the British National Series - https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/nationalmtbxcseries