The Breeze network is British Cycling’s exciting programme to get more women riding a bike.
It's about fun, friendly and social bike rides in a local area – led by women, for women. Funded by Sport England, we already have over 450 Breeze champions across England organising bike rides and supporting women to try cycling, or to take it further. Without the amazing energy, enthusiasm and commitment of these champions, we simply wouldn't be able to offer these exciting experiences.
We are looking for a number of new Breeze champions. There's no need to be a cycling expert – just be confident on a bike and keen to help others. We're looking for enthusiastic people to inspire women to get more out of their bike, have fun with friends and get a recognised qualification at the same time.
To become a Breeze champion:
- You'll take part in a fun one day ride leadership course where you'll have a chance to meet other champions
- The certificate you'll receive qualifies you to independently plan, deliver and promote rides to groups of women
- In addition to free training, we'll provide you with Breeze kit, British Cycling Ride membership and plenty of support along the way
- Furthermore, to ensure you're able to deliver safe bike rides, British Cycling will support you to gain a first aid qualification
- In return we ask champions to deliver on average 12 rides over the year to local women in their area.
Please note you'll need to bring your bike to the training course.
We'll have British Cycling Breeze Champion courses at the locations listed below. If you live locally and can commit to leading rides from these locations then please read on and get in touch
Brighton - 28 September 2013 - (Brighton Aldridge Community Academy, Brighton)
Nottinghamshire – 28 September 2013 (Manor Sports & Recreation Centre, Mansfield)
Wiltshire – 29 September 2013 (Devizes Leisure Centre)
We'll be able to confirm course dates and venues and more locations very soon, so if you want to get involved, please complete the expression of interest form and get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org