Racesmart is an awareness campaign designed to promote responsible racing on Britain’s roads.
The campaign will use digital resources to provide advice about racing etiquette, techniques, riding skills as well as highlighting the role riders can play in protecting the future of the sport.
Who is Racesmart for?
The Racesmart campaign will promote the good habits and positive behaviours of road racing directly to riders in a way that highlights the need to race responsibly on the open roads.
What will Racesmart achieve?
Racesmart aims to:
- Emphasise the role that riders can play in protecting the future of road racing
- Build a culture of collective responsibility where riders respect each other and the racing environment
- Educate the less experienced riders by promoting good etiquette, techniques and skills and by highlighting the need to Racesmart
How you can Racesmart?
- Look after yourself on the open road
- Be alert to the riders around you as well the vehicles you share the road with
- As well as your own safety think about the rider on your shoulder
- Think twice before you dive for a gap
- Pass on knowledge to new and less experienced riders, helping them to Racesmart too
Road racing belongs to all of us - its future is in our hands.
"Racing on British roads was a really important part of my early career and riders can help shape its future by using their heads and learning how to race safely and responsibly on open roads.”
Geraint Thomas, Team Sky
“I think Racesmart can benefit all riders, experienced or not, and I urge everyone to share and spread the word. It is a positive step that all bike riders should get on board with.”
Lizzie Armitstead, Boels Dolmans
To download the resources below, right click and choose 'Save link as' (Firefox) or 'Save target as' (Explorer).