RESULTS UPDATE: 2018 Overall Welsh Cyclocross League Standings End of Round 10
Ahead of the Welsh Cyclocross Leagues season finale, here are the league standings courtesy of Liz Slater.
Race results and lap timing from the Welsh Cycling Timing crew deployed at the following Rounds
- Round 1 - 16 September - Calf Burner Llanishen High School
- Round 2 - 23 September - Foxley Cross, Hereford
- Round 3 - 30 September - Penglais, Aberystwyth
- Round 4 - 7th October - Pembrey
- CANCELLED** Round 5 - 13th October - Carmarthen Showground. **CANCELLED
Cancelled due to severe weather conditions and flooding.
- Round 6 - 21st October - Trehafren Fields, Newtown.
Apologies to any of the riders effected by chip timing difficulties at Newtown on Sunday (21st October). Working with the offroad racing commission, we are in the process of reviewing and improving our procedures to reduce the opportunity for similar problems to occur again. We hope that in spite of the issues, riders were able to enjoy the excellent conditions and superb course created by Hafren CC. Many thanks to the course organisers, marshals, riders and supporters.
League Results at end of Round 6
- Round 7 - 4th November - Singleton Park, Swansea.
- Round 8 - 11th November Pembrey Country Park.
- CANCELLED **Round 9 - 18th November - Bryn Bach Parc **CANCELLED
It is with much regret that CC Abergavenny have cancelled their cyclo-cross event at Parc Bryn Bach scheduled for 18th November due to the ill health of organiser Bill Owen. Representatives from across the Welsh cyclocross community would like to send Bill their very best wishes.
League Results at end of Round 8
Round 10 - 25th November - Talybont On Usk
Welsh Cycling Cyclocross Championship - 2nd December - Abergavenny
- Round 11 - 16th December - Pembrey Country Park.