Event: 5 May 2013
Location: Newnham Park, Plymouth
Report: Fully Sussed
The Filthy Foxes Dirty Weekend is a chance for women to jump on their bikes or throw on their trainers and enjoy the beautiful trails of Newnham park without testosterone fuelled shouts of ‘On your right!’ ruining the fun.
A weekend ticket will set you back £40, and in return you can spend two days getting filthy in Newnham Park, taking part in a host of activities and leaving your husband/boyfriend putting up the tent and looking after the kids.
The main attractions:
- Mountain bike event (15km and 25km options)
- 5km trail run
- Outdoor circuits
- Runner V Rider hill challenge
- Mountain bike skills sessions
- Mountain bike maintenance seminars
- Coached rides of the event loop
- Supporting activities:
- Specialized women’s demo bikes
- Skills area
- Elite athlete Q+A
- Under 12s races (girls and boys)
- Support races (we’re thinking along the lines of a cake eating challenge dressing up obstacle races)
- Free camping for competitors and their families
- DVD sessions and other activities for kids
All this is included in your weekend ticket, and the timetable will ensure that you can do every activity if you want to.
The mountain bike loop will be 5km long and will be beginner friendly. There will be one long hill, plenty of enjoyable singletrack, and one long flowing descent. After each lap you will return to the start finish area to be cheered on by supporters, and to refuel.
Mountain bike hire will also be available for anyone who does not have their own (pre-booking only).
The event is sponsored by the Certini Bicycle store who will also be delivering the maintenance sessions.
For more information, online entry and a provisional weekend timetable see www.fullysussed.co.uk