Applications are invited from experienced event promoters wishing to tender for one of the following:
- 2013-2014 National Downhill Series (currently known as “Halo British Downhill Series”)
- 2013-2014 National Downhill Championships
- 2013-2014 National 4X Series (currently known as “Schwalbe British 4X Series”)
- 2013-2014 National 4X Championships
The successful tender will need to show:
- Experience of running events, working with teams and landowners.
- A commitment to running top class domestic events.
- Knowledge of the cycling industry.
- The ability to source and retain event partners.
- The understanding and patience needed to work with event officials.
British Cycling Requires:
- A 5 round Downhill series in England, Scotland and Wales affiliated to the UCI. Exact venues not required until the 14 July 2012 for 2013.
- A 5-8 round 4X series encompassing a variety of venues that provide the best promotion for the sport.
- A National Championships run to UCI regulations that recognises the importance of showcasing the sport and providing a platform for riders. The National Championships is the premier domestic event on the calendar, so a positive relationship with the venue, local area and media is necessary.
- British Cycling as an event partner on all literature and products connected with the series or event.
- A signed agreement between British Cycling and the successful tender. New tenders will be for 1 year with a 1 year extension option. Existing or former national event organisers can be offered a 2 year contract.
For a tender document, all interested parties should contact British Cycling via email@example.com or call 0161 274 2022. The deadline for applications is 14 June 2012.