Is your club looking to develop and grow? Do you have an idea of what you would like to achieve but are struggling to raise the necessary funds?
If you answered yes to either question then the Go-Ride Fundraising Workshop is definitely for you.
In order to provide a great experience for members and attract new riders, it’s essential that Go-Ride Clubs evolve and that their foundations – including volunteers, facilities and equipment – are really solid. While it’s clear that clubs are actively pushing to reach their goals, they often find themselves held back by not having the necessary funds.
Developed to support club sustainability and growth, the Go-Ride Funding Workshop will provide you with the skills and experience to identify funding opportunities and put forward strong bids. While finding funds can seem time consuming and complex, there are more fundraising opportunities than ever before and with cycling experiencing unprecedented levels of success, now is the perfect time to apply.
The half day workshop will help you to:
- develop club aims and identify how fundraising will help
- recognise the different forms of fundraising
- understand the psychology behind fundraising
- uncover the secrets of what funding providers are looking for
- take away top tips on completing a funding application
It will be an interactive session with lots of discussion and participation, including a detailed look at Sport England’s Small Grants.
By the end of the workshop you should feel confident in raising the funds to achieve your club’s development aims. The Go-Ride Team will also provide additional support in completing funding applications, getting in touch a few weeks after the course.
If you are interested in attending a workshop please click here to book your place.
Dates and venues
- North East Tuesday 6 October (18.00 – 21.00) Hetton Centre, DH5 9NE
- North West Saturday 19 September (10.00 – 13.00) National Cycling Centre, M11 4DQ
- North West Tuesday 22 September (18.00 – 21.00) Preston Arena, PR2 1SG
- East Midlands Monday 21 September (18.30 – 21.30) Derby Velodrome, DE24 8JB
- East Saturday 3 October (10.00 – 13.00) Thurston Sports Centre, IP31 3PB
- East Sunday 4 October (10.00 – 13.00) Redbridge Cycle Centre, IG6 3HP
- Central Wednesday 7 October (18.00 – 21.00) Stoke Mandeville Stadium, HP21 9PP
- South Saturday 7 November (10.00 – 13.00) Lydiard Park Academy, SN5 6HN
- South East Saturday 14 November (14.00 – 17.00) Cyclopark, DA11 7NP