Olympic talent programme: Application process & criteria for consideration - September 2012
Applications for membership of the for all Olympic disciplines (MTB XC, Track, Road, BMX) are now being invited for consideration. The programme is open to both male and female athletes. Successful applicants will be invited to one of the following selection days:
BMX & MTB focused athletes – Saturday September 22nd. Manchester Velodrome / BMX centre.
Track / Road focused athletes – Sunday September 23rd, Manchester Velodrome
To be considered for membership of the Olympic Talent Programme, all athletes must meet the following criteria:
1) Be holders of, or eligible to hold a British Passport
2) Age criteria for Road / Track / MTB – applicants must be born in 1997 or 1998 (shall be Youth A in 2013)
3) Age criteria for BMX – applicants must be born 1995 to 1999 inclusive.
ROAD / TRACK / MTB
Athletes who meet the above shall be considered for invitation to the selection camp according to the following performance based criteria:
4) Athletes who qualified for the 2012 Youth Omnium Track finals
5) Athletes who have gained a top 10 finish within their age category between January 1 and September 2nd 2012 in one of the following events:
National Circuit Series - individual event or overall standings
British National Circuit Race Championship
British National Track Championships; Yth A individual event or Yth B omnium overall
National MTB Series (NPS) – individual event or overall standings
British National MTB Championships
6) Athletes who have been selected to compete for their region at one of the following events in 2012:
Inter Regional Road Race Championships
Inter Regional Track Championships
Inter Regional MTB Championships
7) Athletes must have made an A Final at a UK National Series event
Other athletes may be invited to apply at the discretion of the Programme Manager. Please note that there are a limited number of places at the selection days and riders meeting the selection criteria are not guaranteed an invite; riders will be selected from the applications received and all invites will be sent by email & 1st class post on or before Friday 7th September.
All applications must be received by midnight on the Tuesday 4th September 2012 by post or email. If you choose to submit your application by post, please also send an email to advise of the application having been posted. It is not necessary to submit full CV’s.
Applications must be sent to: email@example.com (please note that the email address used to submit the application will be used for all further correspondence relating to the application. Please ensure your email is checked on a regular basis and not likely to be closed or become full etc)
Application Form (200k word download)
Applications by email are preferred, but postal applications can be sent to:
Olympic Talent Programme, British Cycling
National Cycling Centre
Manchester M11 4DQ