- Event URN:
- Start date:
- Sun, 8th Sep 2013
- Event Type:
- Cycle Sportive (Non-Competitive)
- Sandyford Community Fire Station Marlborough Way, Stoke-On-Trent, ST6 5ED ( View map )
- Online Entry FAQs
- Event promoted by:
- Kidsgrove Wheelers ( website )
- View other events promoted by this organisation
- Event website:
- Event organiser:
- Mr Andrew Barratt
22 Nursery Road
- Cheques payable to:
- Kidsgrove Wheelers Cycling Club
- Info for Riders:
- The route incorporates 'Gun Hill', part of the Tour of Britain, you will be grinding the crank arms up the Dumbers and the infamous Mow Cop Climb. Ever heard of Woodhouse Lane? A tough climb to the top of Biddulph Moor. The route has an overall climb of 5000ft with some beautiful views of the Staffordshire Moorlands. When you have clocked 25 miles you will have reached the half way fuelling point, where you can take aboard fuel bars and top your bottles up.
- Preview Rides:
Date Start Ride name Grade BCG Duration 8 Sep 13 08:30 Hill Billy 50-mile Sportive Challenge Ride --- --- 80km / 50m
A Sportive that is designed and ridden for cyclist's by cyclist's. Its tough and its a Hell of an achievement when completed. We as a Club want you as a cyclist to enjoy the route and all its beautiful views that the Hill Billy 50 mile Sportive has to offer. The route incorporates the infamous 'Gun Hill', part of the Tour Of Britain, Mow Cop and Woodhouse Lane, Biddulph Moor. Overall 5000ft of Climbing around the Staffordshire Moorlands.
Ride: Hill Billy 50-mile Sportive Challenge Ri...
|Date||Start||Distance||BCG||Est. Field Size|
|8 Sep 13||08:30||80km / 50m||---||100|