Do you want to learn how to instruct cycle training to groups of adults or children? With a mixture of classroom-based, hands-on learning and online training this course will equip you with the skills and knowledge to be a cycle instructor.
With this qualification you will be able to deliver the National Standard for Cycle Training in England and Wales. Whether in a paid or voluntary capacity in a variety of settings including schools, sports clubs and leisure centres.
In line with the national standards, this course comprehensively covers the theory and practice of teaching across all levels and age groups to ride safely on road, as outlined by the Department for Transport.
Following qualification learners can progress on to the Level 3 Award in Developing Cycle Training Instructors.
What does the course include?
- 1 day of online learning
- 4 days of face-to-face training from high quality tutors. This is a very practical course that involves considerable time on riding
- Mentoring for 6 months between the last day of the course and post course assessment
- Post course assessment (to be completed within 6 months of the last course day)
- 1 year of British Cycling Ride membership
How much does it cost?
What do I need to be able to register for the course?
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a regular on road cyclist, who is confident riding in traffic at a standard that meets Bikeability Level 3 and who can pass that confidence on to others
- Have access to a helmet, suitable clothing for all weathers, a roadworthy bike and bike lock for each day of the course
- Any experience of teaching or coaching young people and adults is beneficial and encouraged
- Book 27th, 28th, 29th February and 1st March 2020 - Manchester (3175)
- Book 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th March 2020 - Kent (3174)
- Book 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th April 2020 - Manchester (3176)
- Book 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th June 2020 - Manchester (3177)
The Level 2 Award in Instructing Cycle Training is awarded by 1st4sport Qualifications and has been developed in partnership with, and is supported by, The Bikeability Trust – the national charity for the UK government’s cycle education programme.
In advance of attending the course you may find it useful to read the following documents: