If you are an existing National Standard Instructor (NSI) or National Standard Instructor Trainer (NSIT) looking to continue to deliver Bikeability, you will need to convert to the revised cycle training instructor qualification from 1st4Sport. Likewise, if you are a Bikeability scheme operator, then you will need to ensure that your instructor team are up to date in their delivery.
We are offering a Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) route to the 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Instructing Cycle Training, designed to prepare learners for continued employment as cycle trainers whilst recognising existing qualifications and experience.
Learners will be mentored thoughout the progress to gain the new qualifications.
- learner registration, access to an e-portfolio,
- Face to face assessment whilst the learner is delivering a L2 Bikeability session(PCA) within 6 months.
- mentoring learners through the process to enable the learners to continue successfully working within the sector.
- 1 years British Cycling’s Ride Membership
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must be an existing National Standards Instructor or Instructor Trainer (you will need you NSI/T number to register for this course)
- You will need access to a laptop or tablet device during the course
- You will need to be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing)
To book on the RPL route please see the links below (Please note you will have 6 months from booking on the course to complete the course)
|Date Course Opens||Enrol onto the Course|
|17 February 2020||Enrol|
|9 March 2020||Enrol|
|30 March 2020||Enrol|
If you are a scheme or a collective of instructors that would like to request a block booking please contact Education@britishcycling.org.uk for offers.