Want to be able to work as a tutor to deliver the Level 2 Award in Instructing Cycle Training? This qualification covers the theory and practice needed to teach others how to train children and adults how to ride safely on road.
What does the course include?
- 2 days online learning
- 2 days face-to-face training from high quality tutors
- Mentoring for 6 months between the last day of the course and post course assessment
- Post course assessment (to be completed within 6 months of the last course day)
- 1 year of British Cycling Ride membership
How much does it cost?
What do I need to be able to register for the course?
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to ride at Bikeability Level 3 standard - competently, confidently and consistently
- 2 years’ experience and currently delivering Bikeability
- Be able to effectively communicate in English
- Have a reasonable level of fitness
There are currently no courses scheduled. If you would like to register your interest for future courses please contact the Education team.
The Level 3 Award in Developing Cycle Training Instructors is awarded by 1st4sport Qualifications and has been developed in partnership with, and is supported by, The Bikeability Trust – the national charity for the UK government’s cycle education programme.
In advance of attending the course you may find it useful to read the following documents:
Learners are required to prepare two micro-session learning plans and an assessment plan in advance of the course. The learning plans must be suitable for delivery on a Level 2 Award in Instructing Cycle Training course. Learners will be required to deliver these as part of the Level 3 course activities.
Learners will be required to complete the following tasks after the face-to-face training:
- Complete the e-portfolio tasks
- Deliver 60 hours of Level 2 Award cycle training and 9 hours of Level 2 Award assessments
- Complete a final assessment
- Complete a post course assessment