It is inevitable that at some point as a National Standard Instructor, you will need to move a group from its meeting point to a suitable training area. This may require you to lead a group on or off road, and may include road layouts with which the trainees are not familiar and have received training on.
Moving groups on road is a challenging and potentially hazardous activity. Doing it safely requires the instructors to have a good understanding of the on-road environment, be competent in conducting a dynamic risk assessment and to make sure trainees are well briefed on how the group will operate.
Course dates coming soon – If you would like to be added to our waiting list please send your name, contact details and postcode to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Private course bookings
In addition to public courses, British Cycling also regularly delivers private courses to Local Authority groups or School Games Host Organisers across England.
If you are interested in hosting a workshop, please contact the Cycle Training Team.
The workshop costs £60 per person and includes:
- Half day training from expert tutors.
- Cycle Training Resources to support your delivery.
- Certificate of attendance.
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the course.
- You have completed or are due to complete the four-day National Standard Instructor Course (with British Cycling or another ITO).
- You have access to your own helmet and appropriate outdoor clothing for the workshop.
The Bikeability Moving Groups workshop prepares fully qualified National Standard Instructors to move groups of trainees from the meeting point (e.g. school) to the training site. By the end of the course, you will understand how to safely and effectively move groups of trainees during Bikeability sessions.
The course includes:
- Theory of moving groups.
- Delivery method and practice.
- Managing groups effectively.
- Conducting effective dynamic risk assessments.
Tel: 0161 274 2129