If you become unable to complete a journey in the UK due to a cycling accident, vandalism or irreparable breakdown of your bike, Call Assist will take you and your bicycle to the nearest bicycle repair shop, railway station, car rental agency or your home or alternative overnight accommodation if either are nearer.
What is not covered?
- If you are outside of the UK
- If the damage, accident or breakdown occurred whilst using your bicycle for racing, time trials or other competitive cycle sport
- If you are within a quarter of a mile of your home
- Flat tyres or punctures which you have not first tried to fix yourself
- Any Incident where the Bicycle is found to be un-roadworthy due to lack of maintenance
- No more than 3 claims in any one Period of Insurance to an overall maximum of £1500.
- Any costs other than recovery to one of the destinations outlined above.
Who is it available to?
- Standard price (Ride, Bronze and Silver members) - £19.20
- 10% discount (Gold members) - £17.28
To buy Cycle Rescue simply call the dedicated line for British Cycling members quoting your British Cycling membership number: 0345 450 6751
How do I make a claim for roadside recovery?
When you receive your policy documents you will be provided with the Cycle Rescue contact number. We recommend you store this number on your mobile phone or in a place accessible when you are using your bike. If you need to use this service simply call this number and Call Assist the rescue providers will ask for your personal or policy details.
They will then despatch a rescue operator to your location (must be accessible by a public highway) and recover you and your bike to either the nearest bicycle repair shop, railway station, car rental agency or your home or alternative overnight accommodation if either are nearer. Don't worry if you haven't got your policy details to hand, they can usually locate your cover details from your personal details, but if not they will take a credit card number as a deposit and will refund you once your policy has been located.