As a Cycle Training Instructor you are required by the DfT to register with an Instructor Training Organisation (ITO) in order to actively deliver Bikeability sessions.
As a registered ITO, you can sign up with British Cycling to ensure that you receive regular notification of updates within Cycle Training, prior notice of valuable CPD opportunities and the support and advice from a dedicated team within the organisation.
British Cycling includes ITO registration within our Ride Membership package, in order to ensure all instructors are adequately insured.
- Professional indemnity insurance (to an indemnity limit of £5m).
- Public liability insurance (to an indemnity limit of £10m).
- Expert legal advice - essential for anyone riding regularly on the open road.
In addition, as a British Cycling member, you will also receive a whole host of benefits including discounts on:
- 12% off at the British Cycling Wiggle Shop.
- 10% off at Halfords, including the Boardman range.
- Weekly email newsletters.
- Priority access to events and discounted tickets.
- Great offers at CNP Professional.
- Access to British Cycling Mapping and the Insight Zone.
- Access to Instructor Continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunities.
Instructor Training Organisation (ITO) status recognises the fact that British Cycling has been assessed by the DfT as fit for purpose to deliver instructor training in line with the published National Standards.
All ITOs have been through an extensive application process to assess their ability to deliver National Standard instructor training. ITOs' training and management processes are periodically scrutinised by DfT to ensure maintenance of standards.