The Level 2 Track Coaching Award is aimed at coaches new to the track environment, as well as current track coaches who want to develop their existing knowledge and skills.
The knowledge gained from this award will allow you to plan, deliver and evaluate a series of safe and engaging track sessions. The award will also give you all the knowledge and information you need to progress riders from their first session on a track to competition.
What do you need before you can sign up?
- A Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Cycling, Club Coach Award or Activity Coach Award
- A valid Emergency First Aid Certificate (minimum six hours) or equivalent
- Commitment to complete the course within two weeks
- Access to a computer and the internet (see system requirements below regarding accessibility)
The course is a combination of online learning and two face-to-face training days over two weeks. The course starts with online learning, which is designed to develop your knowledge of track cycling and coaching, and support your participation on the training days. The development and assessment days will be informal and interactive. In the practical sessions on both days you will be expected to both coach and ride the track.
On the face-to-face days you will have an opportunity to evaluate, reflect and gain feedback from experienced British Cycling coach developers.
You will complete the following tasks and are expected to complete the course within the two week programme:
- Online theory task
- Planning, delivery and evaluation of a track coaching session
Learning modules include:
- Track events and demands
- Practical session planning and development
- Environment and remit
- Coach-led racing theory
Do I need to bring anything to the course?
Coaches are required to bring their own fixed wheel track bike, helmet, gloves and appropriate clothing for taking part in the practical coaching session (as both a coach and a rider). Bikes used in the session should be in good working order.
- Laptop or PC with Windows XP or higher, Mac with OS X, or a large tablet
- A broadband internet connection is required to complete this programme
- An up-to-date internet browser. Our recommended browsers are Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Internet Explorer is not supported for use of British Cycling Learning, so you may experience some problems if you choose to use this browser
- All browsers should have cookies and pop-ups enabled for www.britishcyclinglearning.org.uk
Course dates and venues - booking will close day prior to online available date
22 June 18
7/8 July 18
08:45-17:00 (both days)
24 Aug 18
8/9 Sept 18
08:45-17:00 (both days)
Please contact Coaching@britishcycling.org.uk to register your interest in attending a course
How much does the award cost?
The course cost is £250. There may be some financial assistance available.
Tel: 0161 274 2060