The Level 2 Mountain Bike Coaching Award is aimed at coaches new to the mountain bike environment, as well as current mountain bike coaches who want to develop their existing knowledge and skills.
The knowledge gained from this award will allow you to plan, deliver and evaluate a series of safe and effective mountain bike sessions. The award will also give you all the knowledge and information you need to progress riders from their first session to their first competition. This award is the minimum requirement for the delivery of Go-Ride Mountain Bike Gears 5 and 6.
What are the benefits of becoming a Level 2 mountain bike coach?
Upon successful completion of the course and as a British Cycling member and licensed coach, you will have access to an impressive list of benefits. These include:
- £5 million professional indemnity insurance.
- Access to free coaching and technical support.
- Go-Ride Mountain Bike Gears 5 and 6 Coaching Workbooks.
- Mountain bike coaching handbook.
Am I eligible to attend?
You can attend the Level 2 Mountain Bike Coaching Award if:
- You have attended a Club Coach, Activity Coach or Level 2 Certificate Coaching Cycling and successfully completed all aspects of the assessment.
- You have a minimum of a valid one-day Emergency First Aid Certificate.
- You are enthusiastic about getting people active and involved in mountain biking
How much does the award cost?
The course cost is £265. There may be some financial assistance available.
NB. Full course payment is required on point of application.
Course dates and venues - The deadline for applications is two weeks before the online module starts.
|Online Available||Dates||Location||Reference||Booking link|
|28 Feb 20||14 & 15 Mar 20||Lee Valley||3476||Apply here|
|12 Mar 20||28 & 29 Mar 20||Quantocks||3483||Apply here|
|16 Apr 20||02 & 03 May 20||Coed Y Brenin||3488||Apply here|
|30 Apr 20||16 & 17 May 20||Fife||3435||Apply here|
If there isn’t a course available within your region please register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information Name, member number, region, course you are interested in (i.e. Level 1 or Level 2 MTB etc), contact telephone number