Level 3 Road and Time Trial Unit
The Level 3 Road and Time Trial unit is an interactive and practical course that develops your road and time trial coaching and introduces you to advanced road and time trial techniques and tactics. There are practical road and time trial coaching session on days 2 and 3, where you will have the opportunity to deliver advanced road and time trial techniques. To enrol on this course you will have to have completed either route 1 or route 2 of the level 3 certificate in coaching cycling.
What will I learn?
This is a 3-day course, with 16 - 24 weeks between days 2 and 3. The course covers a wide variety of modules:
- Planning Training: Rider Profiling
- Demands of Event
- Planning Training : Goal Setting and Annual Planning
- Prescribing Training
- Advanced Road and Time Trial Techniques and Tactics
- Road and Time Trial Clothing and Equipment
- Reflecting on Your Coaching
- 7 written assessment tasks
- 4 practical assessment tasks
More information on the level 3 road and time trial routes 1 and 2:
An overview of the level 3 road and time trial course: