The Level 2 Cycle Speedway Coaching Award is aimed at coaches new to the cycle speedway environment who would like to develop their existing knowledge and skills.
The knowledge gained from this award will allow you to plan, deliver and evaluate a series of safe and engaging cycle speedway coaching sessions.
The award will also give you all of the necessary skills and information you need to progress riders from their first Cycle Speedway session to their first competition. This award is the minimum requirement for the delivery of Go-Ride Cycle Speedway Gears 5 and 6.
What do you need before you can sign up?
- A Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Cycling, Club Coach Award or Activity Coach Award.
- A valid Emergency First Aid Certificate (minimum 6 hours) or equivalent.
- Commitment to complete the course within two weeks.
- Access to a computer and the internet (see system requirements below regarding accessibility).
The course is a combination of online tasks and learning resources, with a face to face day over two weeks. The course starts with access to online resources and completion of an online theory task, and session plan in readiness for the face to face day. You will be expected to both coach and ride.
The face to face day will be informal and interactive, and you will have an opportunity to evaluate, reflect and gain feedback from your other coaches and experienced British Cycling Coach Developers.
You will complete the following tasks and are expected to complete the course within the two week programme:
- Online Theory Task.
- Planning, delivery and evaluation of a cycle speedway coaching session.
Learning modules include:
- Development of your coaching sessions
- Coach-led racing theory and practice
Do I need to bring anything to the course?
Coaches are required to bring their own cycle speedway bike, helmet, gloves and appropriate clothing for the helmet for taking part in the practical sessions (both as a coach and rider). Bikes used in the session should be in good working order.
Course dates and venues
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
The course cost is £125
- Laptop or PC with Windows Xp or higher, Mac with OS X, or a large tablet.
- A broadband internet connection is required to complete this programme.
- An up to date internet browser. Our recommended browsers are Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Internet Explorer is not supported for British Cycling learning, so you may experience some problems if you choose to use this browser.
- All browsers should have cookies and pop-ups enabled for www.britishcyclinglearning.org.uk.
Course Dates and Venues
Tel: 0161 274 2060