The Level 2 Cycle Speedway Coaching Award is aimed at coaches new to the Cycle Speedway environment, as well as current Cycle Speedway coaches who would like to develop their existing knowledge and skills.
The understanding gained from this award will allow you to plan, deliver and evaluate a series of safe, ethical and effective Cycle Speedway coaching sessions.
The award will also give you all of the necessary skills and information you need to progress riders from their first Cycle Speedway session to their first competition. This award is the minimum requirement for the delivery of Go-Ride Cycle Speedway Gears 5 and 6.
What are the benefits of becoming a Level 2 cycle speedway coach?
Upon successful completion of the course and as a British Cycling member and licensed coach, you will have access to an impressive list of benefits.
- £5 million professional indemnity insurance.
- Access to free coaching and technical support.
- Go-Ride Cycle Speedway Gears 5 and 6 Coaching Workbooks with over 60 activities.
- Cycle Speedway Coaching Handbook.
What will I learn?
This is a two-day course which is composed of a number of compulsory modules:
- Equipment and Riding Position.
- Coaching Cycle Speedway Techniques.
- Getting Involved and What Next?
- Practical assessments.
- Planning Progressive Cycle Speedway Sessions.
- Individual Coach reviews.
Am I eligible to attend?
You can attend the Level 2 Cycle Speedway Coaching Award if:
- You have a minimum of a valid 1 Day Emergency First Aid Certificate.
- You are enthusiastic about getting people active and involved in Cycle Speedway.
- You have attended a Club Coach, Activity Coach or Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Cycling and successfully completed all aspects of the assessment.
- You can present a valid enhanced CRB check.
Do I need to bring anything to the course?
Coaches are required to supply their own bike and helmet for taking part in the assessment on day 2. Learners do not need to be competent cyclists to take part in the activities.
If you are unable to take part in this session for any reason (e.g. illness, no bike or helmet) please inform Coaching and Education prior to the course so that alternative arrangements can be made to involve you in the activities.
Course dates and venues
Sorry, there are no courses available at present. Please check back soon.
How much does the award cost?
The course cost is £230. There may be some financial assistance available.
Tel: 0161 274 2060