British Cycling’s official supplier, TrainingPeaks, will be hosting a TrainingPeaks University conference at the National Cycling Centre in Manchester.
The conference will take place from 26 to 28 September 2014, giving coaches a unique opportunity to learn from experts at TrainingPeaks.
On Sunday 28 September, there’ll also be a chance for coaches and riders to attend an exclusive talk by Joe Friel - the world famous elite endurance coach and author of The Cyclist’s Training Bible and The Triathlete’s Training Bible.
TrainingPeaks University conference for coaches – 26 and 27 September
The weekend begins on Friday evening with a VIP reception at the National Cycling Centre, hosted by TrainingPeaks' chief evangelist, Dirk Friel. This will be followed by an opportunity to watch the nation's track stars compete at the British Cycling National Track Championships. The coach education team at British Cycling will also be on hand to answer your questions.
The TrainingPeaks University learning programme, which begins on Saturday morning, will help coaches to create efficiencies, analyse athlete data, communicate with the athletes they coach and market their coaching business. Level 3 coaches who attend the conference will also become eligible for TrainingPeaks certification.
Topics will include:
- Getting your athletes to update data consistently
- Setting up efficient workflows to save valuable time
- How to use workout libraries
- Best practices for planning and creating workouts
- How to analyse power, heart rate, pace and other data
- Using TSS, the Performance Management Chart, and Dashboard Charts to inform your planning
- Unlocking the ‘hidden secrets’ of TrainingPeaks
- Advanced training metrics
- WKO 4 desktop analysis software introduction and overview
Please click here to register for the TrainingPeaks University. Tickets cost the following:
- $95 (approx. £56) full price ticket
- $50 (approx. £30) for coaches: discount code ‘CoachBC2014TPU’
- $60 (approx. £36) for British Cycling members: discount code ‘MemberBC2014TPU’
Joe Friel’s Advanced Training Metrics Talk – Sunday 28 September
On Sunday 28 September between 11.30am and 1.30pm, Joe Friel - the world famous elite endurance coach and author of The Cyclist’s Training Bible and The Triathlete’s Training Bible - will give a talk on advanced training metrics. This event is open to endurance coaches, riders and triathletes who are keen to learn how to leverage advanced training metrics to enhance their performance.
Please click here to register for Joe Friel’s Advanced Training Metrics Talk. Tickets cost the following:
- $50 (approx. £30) full price ticket
- $35 (approx. £20) if you are also attending the Training Peaks University
TrainingPeaks is the world leading provider of web mobile and desktop solutions, used by coaches and athletes to monitor and enhance endurance performance. Users include the Great Britain Cycling Team, Team Sky and many British Cycling qualified coaches
If you have any questions about the event, please contact British Cycling’s coach and education team on 0161 274 2060 or firstname.lastname@example.org.