The workshop, Chimp Management for Sports Coaches, gives coaches the opportunity to learn from one of the world leaders in psychiatry. It covers a mind technique that was used to assist Olympic medallists such as Sir Chris Hoy, Victoria Pendelton and Laura Trott.
Chimp Management was devised by Prof. Steve Peters, a vital cog in the success at British Cycling and SkyPro Cycling. Peters, who was a key factor in Britain's extraordinary track cycling success at the Beijing 2008 and London 2012 Olympics, has also worked with Tour de France winners Sir Bradley Wiggins and Chris Froome.
The workshops will be delivered by Chimp Management, a company established by Peters in 2011. The mind management programme outlined in Peters’ hugely successful book - The Chimp Paradox - is at the core of Chimp Management’s practice.
The series of workshops have been developed specifically for coaches, working at any level of sport, wishing to improve their own coaching practice through the application of the mind management programme.
The six workshops delivered by Chimp Management’s highly experienced consultants will each cover a different topic, however coaches can attend as many or few of the workshops as they prefer, depending on their interests.
Coaches will benefit from attending all six courses as there will be set tasks between each session, providing progressive opportunities for development.
How much does the workshop cost?
A place on one of the workshops costs £37 for British Cycling coaches and £42 for others who wish to attend. There is a maximum of 20 places available at each workshop.
When will the workshops be delivered?
The workshops will take place from 6pm to 9pm on the following dates:
Reading (Holiday Inn South, Basingstoke Road, Reading RG2 0SL)
- 24 September 2014 - Getting the right environment for you and those you coach (Course full)
- 22 October 2014 - Looking after physical and mental health (Course full)
- 3 December 2014 - Planning for success and happiness
Manchester (National Cycling Centre, Stuart Street, Manchester M11 4DQ)
- 13 August 2014 - Understanding your own mind
- 10 September 2014 - Understanding the mind of those you coach and the optimum mindset
- 15 October 2014 - Communicating effectively with others
- 12 November 2014 - Getting the right environment for you and those you coach
- 10 December 2014 - Looking after physical and mental health
- 14 January 2015 - Planning for success and happiness
How to apply
To book a space on a workshop, complete the booking form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 0161 274 2060