Event: 21 October 2012
Location: Sparsholt College, Winchester
In partnership with TryTri, Cycle Tours UK (CTUK) are starting a new and exciting Sportive, taking place in the heart of Hampshire on 21 October 2012.
Starting and finishing at Sparsholt College on the outskirts of Winchester City. The chosen venue offers lots of parking and the Bytes canteen will be open for registration as well as breakfast and light lunch.
40km, 80km &120km = £20.00
On the day entry = £25
The Sportive has a choice of 40km, 80km and 120km routes, all on the extensive network of quiet country roads outside Winchester and suits every level of rider. You will receive a map in your registration pack to keep you on the right roads.
Middle Winterslow town hall is the first drinks station on the 80km route, where drinks and cakes will be available as well as toilets.
The Mill Arms (SO51 0LF) in Dunbridge is the meeting point for friends/family or anyone you know doing the longer or shorter routes. There will be a stall indoors selling sandwiches, cakes and drinks.
- Registration takes place in Bytes Canteen between 7-9am
- Start times are:
- 120km 8am
- 80km - 8:30am
- 40km - 9am
- The routes will be fully signed and also marshalled at critical junctions
- Hargroves Cycles will be on hand to help with any bike problems
- Hargroves Cycles and CTUK will be out giving bike support on the routes
Please make sure to bring:
- Spare inner tubes & pump
- Warm clothes/wet weather clothes/change of clothes