Location: Holyport, Maidenhead
Event: 12 August 2012
Report: Snowdon Sports
Simon Richardson took victory in the Python Racing Team's annual summer road race on Sunday.
The IG-SigmaSport rider from Bristol prevailed in a strong field, benefiting from the cancellation of the Salisbury Premier Calendar event.
This was the ninth running of the event and whilst the Fifield course near Maidenhead isn't perhaps the most selective of circuits, it does nevertheless produce fast, attacking racing - more so for the quality of the field assembled.
The 85-mile race set off from Holyport War Memorial Hall on the south side of Maidenhead with the finish taking place in Crouch Lane, Cranbourne.
A group of 12 got away four laps in and it quickly split into two. The front six had a sort out around 10 miles from home and this saw Richardson cross the line roughly a minute up from the rest of the pack.
1. Simon Richardson, IG-SigmaSport
2. Andrew Hastings, Metaltek-Scott
3. Jack Adams, Zappis
4. Alex Higham, Felt-Colbornes
5. Ashley Cox, Spirit RT
6. Junior Hefferman, One and All Cycling
7. Wojiech Szlachta, Twenty3c Orbea
8. Steve Golla, High Wycombe CC
9. Dave Creegan, Pedal Geaven RT
10. Jamie Pine, Pedal Heaven RT
11. Luke Ryan, Twenty3c-Orbea
12. Joshua Lawless, Aprire Bicycles
13. Wouter Sybrandy, IG-SigmaSport
14. James Fox, CC Luton
15. Owen Lake, Cambridge CC
16. Tim Carter, Virgin Active
17. Chris McNamara, Pedal Heaven RT
18. Simon Henley, Team Corley-Blue
20. Anthony Gibb, Metaltek-Scott
British Cycling would like to thank the organising team, officials and everyone else who helped promote this event. Our sport could not exist without the hundreds of people, many of them unpaid volunteers, who put in many hours of hard work running events, activities and clubs.