Location: Hylands Park, Chelmsford, Essex
Event: 29 April 2012
Round 2 of the Mud, Sweat and Gears Eastern Cross-Country Series embraces the woodlands of Hylands Park in Chelmsford.
Famous for its grade II neo-classical villa and hosting V Festival the park provides a 574-acre site which is turned into a lap of just over four miles which takes in all of the available woodland and provides a great challenge to both experienced and novice riders.
To keep the course fresh for 2012 two new features have been along with continuing to involve wide following forest tracks with high speeds, technical single track with off camber exposed roots, and of course a quick sprint across the rolling fields of Hylands Park.
Race day information
- Pre-entry still open until 11:59pm on Tuesday 24 April – enter here.
- Entry on the day available.
- If you took part at round 1, don't forget to bring your number board with you! You will be charged for a replacement.
- Gridding based on previous race results/series standings.
- Trophies and prizes will be awarded to the top 3 in every category.
- Address: Hylands Park, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 8WQ.
Race day schedule
- 8am – Registration opens.
- 9am – Practice session 1 – finish 9:40am.
- 10am – Race 1 – Youth, Juvenile, Open Male. All female categories.
- 10am – Under 12’s coaching session begins.
- 12:30pm – Race 2 – Under 12’s both male and female.
- 1pm – Prize presentation Race 1 and 2.
- 1pm – Practice session 2 – finish 1:40pm.
- 2pm – Race 3 – Elite/Expert, Sport, Master, Vet, G.Vet and Junior male.
- 4pm – Prize presentation Race 3.