British Cycling has adapted to take advantage of the opportunities provided by lottery funding and commercial partnerships, which in turn have allowed the sport to grow at every level.
We are committed to inspiring more people to ride their bikes more often, be it for sport, recreation or transport.
British Cycling: Our Commitment is British Cycling’s 2013-2017 strategy and builds on the strong foundations that have already been laid. The main commitments are:
- A push for greater sustainability with an increased volunteer workforce, who can drive participation, supported by an increased membership base.
- Continuing to grow the membership to provide a strong voice on behalf of all cyclists, actively promoting their needs and protecting their rights.
- Ambitious targets for the 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games to support the aspiration to maintain or even increase the medal tally of the British team’s performance in London – a feat not achieved by a host nation to date in the history of the Games.
- By 2017, increasing once a week participation by 125,000. That will only be achieved through our commercial partnerships and a significant expansion of British Cycling’s delivery model with local authorities and other stakeholders.
- Significant strides in addressing the gender gap in cycling with an ambitious target of getting one million more women cycling by 2020.